Building a Retriever Drills and More by Carol F Cassity BookSpecials
Building a Retriever – Drills and More by Carol F Cassity Book
With over forty drills and a section of best training practices and principles, Building A Retriever: Drills & More is a book that will help any retriever trainer develop their dog to his fullest potential. Each drill includes step-by-step directions, a diagram, problem / solution chart, materials list, and a rational description. Particular attention is paid to selecting drills that are within the means of most amateur trainers.
- Obedience, Line Work and Team Building
- Holding Blind Drill
- Remember Me?
- Where’s Waldo
- Swing With The Gun
- Head – Swinging Drill
- X Marking Drill
- Walk-Away Marks
- Diversion Mark Drill
- Inline Marks
- Wipe-Out Marks
- Channel Marks
- ABCD Marking Drill
- Slot Marks
- Ladder Blinds
- Wagon Wheel
- Pile Work – Problem and Solution Chart
- Pile Work – Baseball
- Pile Work – Back Pile
- Pile Work – T Drill
- Straight Back
- Back Vs. Angle Back Drill
- Come-In Whistle Drill
- Progressive Blinds – School Blinds
- Swish Drill
- Look Far
- Renegade Drill
- Blind Diversion Drill
- Cast Off
- Looking Glass
- W Drill
- Three In A Row
- Bird Boy Blinds
- Over Parallel To Shore
- Holding Blind Blinds
- Back Parallel To Shore
- Cast Over Into Water / Through An Obstacle
- Poison Bird
- Chair Drill
- Tune Up Drill
- Definition of levels of training: Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced
- A Quick Word about E-Collars
- Puppy Stuff – Marking Guidelines
- Force To Pile Sidebar
- Body English Sidebar
- Retriever Resources – Information
- Help Guidelines for Marks
- Jargon – What do they mean by that?
- Titles – What’s with all the letters?
- Tracking Your Training – training log examples
- Training Group Etiquette – What to do at training day!
- Hunt Test / Trial Etiquette – What to do at a test!
- Drill Log – Track Your Progress!
- The Best Stuff
MORE: A collection of practical advice and principles of dog training
It’s A Team Sport; Dog training is A Marathon, Not a Sprint; A Commie Plot?
A Mistake Does Not Equal Trouble; Read the Dog
“Training is Fluid”; Put It All on the Line
You Can’t Mark What You Can’t See; Balance
The Law of Two; “What’s The Point?”; Throw Singles, Lots of Singles
Don’t Hide the Candy; First, The Yard; Then, The Field
Fix It Now!; Hey- I Won! Teach, Not Test and Other Training Tidbits
- 136 pages, B/W, “Magazine Bound” soft-cover, illustrated.
Building a Retriever Drills and More,Carol F Cassity,Book,Carol Cassity,Carol Cassity book,Retriever training book