Garmin Astro 320 Handheld Unit OnlyAccessories
Garmin Astro 320 Handheld Unit Only
This second generation handheld boasts a simplified user interface, better reception ranges, enhanced mapping, and more!
Replace your existing Astro 220 handheld with the new, upgraded Astro 320. Or purchase an extra handheld to allow your hunting companion to track your dog at the same time that you do….
Packed with all the features of Garmin’s award-winning outdoor handheld products – and then some.
- High Sensitivity GPS Receiver.
- Bright, sunlight-readable color display screen.
- Rugged IPX7, waterproof case.
- Built-in, on board memory.
- microSD card slot for maps and extra memory.
- USB port for PC connection.
- Improved, extended, flexible, removable VHF antenna.
- Uses replaceable AA batteries.
The Astro 320 boasts a high-sensitivity GPS receiver that can track your dog’s position even in the densest cover. You can track up to ten dogs at one time with Astro, at a distance of up to nine miles away (depending on terrain). Must purchase DC-30 or DC-40 collar transmitters for each dog (see 320Comb40 package for this unit with one DC-40 transmitter).
Count Your Coveys
After you’ve captured your quarry, mark the exact spot with Astro’s Covey Counter™, a special waypoint that tells you the exact location, time of day and elevation where you found your prey, as well as the number of birds you flushed and took from that location. Astro lets you save other special waypoints, such as “Truck” and “Lodge,” so you can save the location of these places quickly and easily for each hunt. Astro also offers special waypoint icons to represent food plots, tree stands and other hunting-related points.
Experience Full-featured GPS
Astro shines when you’re out on the hunt, but it also excels in getting you back to your truck at the end of the day, or even back home again. In fact, the Astro handheld has all the features of Garmin’s top-line handheld outdoor devices, including a barometric altimeter, 3-axis electronic compass, microSD card slot, celestial information, area calculator and rugged, IPX7 waterproof exterior. With optional detailed city street maps, you can search for over 6 million points of interest and create a route on roads with exact turn-by-turn directions.
The Astro 320 improves user interface with a simpler menu structure and sophisticated graphics thanks to its vibrant, sunlight-readable 2.6” color display.
Both durable and waterproof, Astro 320 is built to withstand the elements. It features the legendary toughness built for the rigors of the outdoors – be it dust, dirt, humidity or water, none of which are a match for this essential hunting companion.
The 320 features a built-in worldwide basemap with shaded relief, plus support for enhanced mapping such as BirdsEye™ satellite imagery, Topo maps, and Garmin custom maps.
With an optional BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription, hunters can pinpoint buildings, powerlines, and even individual trees – directly on their Astro 320. Hunters know, for example, if their dog has crossed a creek or is nearing a dangerous road.
Garmin’s free BaseCamp software allows hunters and trainers to download, view and save their dog’s tracks to a computer for viewing later – a great tool for evaluating performance.
A refined user interface streamlines what is displayed on screen by allowing dogs that are outside the current zoom level to have their location notated in the display’s margin. The user can also choose the amount of each dog’s tracklog displayed, or toggle it off completely to avoid cluttering the map.
This rugged handheld also has a built-in vibration motor to support silent alerts in addition to audible tones, a 3-axis digital compass (allowing the hunter to hold the handheld at any angle), improved reception range, a fully rubberized outer coating with an over molding for a better grip, a new keyboard design, and onboard memory for storing additional mapping (1.7 Gigs).
The new handheld also features a handy keypad lock so buttons aren’t accidentally pushed while being carried in a pocket or through thick brush. The orange trim color is great for hunters and especially helpful for visibility if the handheld is dropped or misplaced.
Now offering two new included antenna options, the extended range antenna can increase the tracking range by up to 30%. Thanks to the redesigned antenna, the maximum range between the Astro 320 and a Garmin tracking collar can achieve up to nine miles in flat, unobstructed terrain.
Dog handlers can wirelessly transfer waypoints, tracks, and even their dog’s tracking settings to other Astro 320 users.
Already have a Garmin DC-20, DC-30, or DC-40? Full backwards compatibility is offered with all existing Garmin dog collar products and most current accessories.
- Bright 2.6” 65K sunlight-readable TFT color display (160 x 240 pixels)
- Improved/Simplified user interface
- 9 miles reception range
- Worldwide built-in basemap with shaded relief
- Enhanced mapping – supports Garmin® Custom maps, BirdsEye™ (overlay satellite imagery), and TOPO 24K
- Build-in user memory
- 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter
- Vibration alerts in handheld
- Wireless dog sharing for easy transfer of tracking capabilities to another Astro 320
- Wireless unit-to-unit data transfer of waypoints, routes, tracks, and geocaches with other compatible devices
- User profiles including preloaded profiles for different types of hunting (pointing dogs or treeing dogs) in addition to usage modes outside of hunting
- Able to track up to 10 dogs simultaneously
- Rugged, waterproof design (IEC 60529 IPX7)
- Antenna rubber boot now robust overmold
- Metal spine
- HotFix® Support
- Automatic Time Zone detection
- True Type Font support (for improved font readability)
- Up to 20-hour battery life, 2 AA batteries not included (NiMH or Lithium recommended)
Astro 320 Unit, USB Cable, Belt Clip, VHF Antenna, Extended Range Antenna, and manuals