Avery’s Chris Akins Duck Dog Basics Hunting Dog Training Video
I recommend this DVD to anyone who wants to get started with training their own dog! You’ll be learning from the best when you watch this DVD by Chris Akin. Chris has well over 100 Grand Champions and Master Hunter titles to his credit and now he is sharing his knowledge. He is also a multiple winning of the prestigious Super Retriever Series Crown Championship.
How Do You Create a Duck Dog?
Growing up in the middle of Arkansas’ famed green timber and rice fields, Chris Akin knows how to do just that. He’s spent the better part of his life training the world’s finest hunting dogs and built one of the premier training facilities at his Webb Footed Kennels.
With well over 100 Grand Champions and Master Hunters to his credit, Chris’ ability to get the most out of a retriever is truly
unparalleled. Chris is also the only handler to win the Super Retriever Series Crown Championship twice.
From choosing the right puppy all the way up to opening day, Chris will show you the way. Join him in this 2½ hour DVD that will show you how it’s done. Upon completion of Duck Dog Basics, you’ll be ready for opening day with your favorite hunting partner.
This DVD starts with choosing the right puppy and takes you all the way to opening day. And what a day it will be with a well-trained hunting partner.
This DVD is packed with 2 1/2 hours of information and will keep you in the zone during your training days.
Socialization, Laying the Foundation
- Picking a Puppy & Pedigree
- Akin’s Answers – What to do with my puppy?
- Fun Bumpers – “Hup Hups”, retrieves on land
- Akin’s Answers – What do I do with my puppy when I come home?
- Introduction to Water
- Introduction to Covers & Decoys
- Introduction to Birds
- Akin’s Answers – Puppy Teeth?
- Introduction to Kennel
- Akin’s Answers – When should formal training begin?
Formal Training – Obedience & Collar Conditioning
- Introduction to Formal training
- Formal Training – Tools
- Formal Training – Obedience
- Putting on Checkcord
- Sit/Stay & Here
- Sit/Stay & Here with a more advanced dog
- E-Collar conditioning
- Putting on E-Collar
- Heel & Here
- Introduction to Gunfire
Force Fetch – Fetch, Hold and Leave
- Introduction to Force Fetch
- Teaching Force Fetch
- Akin’s Answers – Can I continue to throw retrieves during Force Fetch?
- Force Fetch with a more advanced dog
- Force Fetch from the ground
- Walking Fetch
- Formal Marking – Steady to Singles & Doubles
Introduction to Formal Marking
- Steady – Singles & Doubles
- Diversions – with a less advanced dog
- Akin’s Answers -Socialize to your hunting environment
- Adding Distance
- Adding Birds
- Adding the Gun
- Akin’s Answers – Making exceptions with friends and family
- Adding Water
- Answers – Teaching your dog his place
- Steadying – From the duck blind
- Akin’s Answers – Taking the right steps on your pup’s first few hunts
- Steadying – From the pit
- Akin’s Answers – Pup’s first Hunt
Avery’s Duck Dog Basics Hunting Dog Training Video with Chris Aken is an excellent reference and will help guide you throught the process of getting your dog off to a great start in its training process!