Avery Duck Dog Basics w/ Chris AkinDog Training
Avery Duck Dog Basics w/Chris Akin
Growing up in the middle of Arkansas’ famed green timber and rice fields, Chris Akin knows how to do just that. He’s spent the better part of his life training the world’s finest hunting dogs and built one of the premier training facilities at his Webb Footed Kennels.
Webb Footed Kennels has more Hunting Retriever Champions than any other retriever training operation in the country.
With well over 100 Grand Champions and Master Hunters to his credit, Chris’ ability to get the most out of a retriever is truly unparalleled. Chris is also the only handler to win the Super Retriever Series Crown Championship twice.
From choosing the right puppy all the way up to opening day, Chris will show you the way. Join him in this 2-? hour DVD that will show you how it’s done. Upon completion of Duck Dog Basics, you’ll be ready for opening day with your favorite hunting partner.
Socialization, Laying the Foundation
- Picking a Puppy & Pedigree
- Akin’s Answers – What to do with my puppy?
- Fun Bumpers – “Hup Hups”, retrieves on land
- Akin’s Answers – What do I do with my puppy when I come home?
- Introduction to Water
- Introduction to Covers & Decoys
- Introduction to Birds
- Akin’s Answers – Puppy Teeth?
- Introduction to Kennel
- Akin’s Answers – When should formal training begin?
Formal Training – Obedience & Collar Conditioning
- Introduction to Formal training
- Formal Training – Tools
- Formal Traiing – Obedience
- ?? Putting on Checkcord
- ?? Heel
- ?? Sit/Stay & Here
- ?? Sit/Stay & Here with a more advanced dog
- ?? Kennel
- E-Collar conditioning
- ?? Putting on E-Collar
- ?? Heel & Here
- ?Introduction to Gunfire
Force Fetch – Fetch, Hold and Leave
Introduction to Force Fetch
Teaching Force Fetch
Akin’s Answers – Can I continue to throw retrieves during Force Fetch?
Force Fetch with a more advanced dog
Force Fetch from the ground
Formal Marking – Steady to Singles & Doubles
- Introduction to Formal Marking
- Steady – Singles & Doubles
- Diversions – with a less advanced dog
- Akin’s Answers -Socialize to your hunting environment
- Adding Distance
- Adding Birds
- Adding the Gun
- Akin’s Answers – Making exceptions with friends and family
- Adding Water
- Akin’s Answers – Teaching your dog his place
- Steadying – From the duck blind
- Akin’s Answers – Taking the right steps on your pup’s first few hunts.
- Steadying – From the pit
- Akin’s Answers – Pup’s first Hunt
- Good Luck!
- Director: Shannon Nardi
- Format: Color NTSC
- Language: English
- Region: Region 1 (US and Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Rating: NR
- Studio: Dancin Dog Productions
- DVD Release Date: September 15, 2008 (estimated)
- Run Time: 150 minutes (2.5 hours)
Duck Dog Basics – Avery Duck Dog Basics w/Chris Akin – Duck Dog Basics DVD – Duck Dog Basics Video