After the release of the Delta and Delta Sport the time had come for the release of the Garmin Delta Upland.
Delta Uplands customizable correction settings, including tone, vibration, and up to 36 levels of momentary and continuous stimulation are the core of the system combined with its ¾-mile range make this a great sporting dog system.
The Garman Upland’s easy-to-read LCD display is easy to read and makes it simple to switch between five different stimulation configurations. The trainer can make immediate corrections when necessary – all based on the specific situation at hand and the temperament of the dog. The Delta transmitter can control up to three collars and switching between different dog collars is undemanding. The collar receiver is lightweight and compact and features integrated stainless steel contact points and the entire system is waterproof in three feet of water for up to 30 minutes. Also, for those that have a tendency to misplace things, the transmitter is blaze orange for high-visibility and designed to float.
Tri-Tronics Upland G3 Beeper
The Delta Upland also incorporates the industry-leading Tri-Tronics Upland G3 Beeper – a convenient and economical way to keep tabs on dogs, whether they’re in thick cover or rolling terrain. The beeper has four hunt sounds (including silent) and two point mode sounds (including hawk scream). When running silent, the beeper can be momentarily activated from the handheld to quickly determine a dog’s position. Hunters can turn their beeper on and off directly from the Delta Upland handheld, and it can be heard up to a quarter mile away. The beeper is powered by a replaceable CR123A battery and is compatible with any three-quarter inch Garmin collar strap.
Garmin Delta Upland Transmitter (Handheld Remote) Features:
- 3/4 mile range
- Expandable up to 3 dogs (with purchase of additional collars)
- Remembers each individual dog’s training settings when using with multiple dogs
- Remotely control the included Upland Beeper
- 5 training configurations
- Bark Limiter Mode for controlling nuisance barking
- Waterproof (IPX7 rating)– it floats!
- Ergonomic design
- Quick charge Li-Ion batteries that are also user replaceable (3-5 year lifespan with proper care)
- LED display lets you see stimulation settings quickly and easily
- 18 levels of continuous and 36 levels of momentary stimulation
- Non-stimulating tone and vibration functions
- Weight: 3.7 oz
- Dimensions: 2″ W x 5 3/8″ H with antenna
- Operating Temperature Range: -4 to 158 degrees F (-20 to 70 degrees C)
- Change what each of the 3 transmitter buttons does by selecting a different “configuration”
BarkLimiter Feature Included
BarkLimiter mode, activated from the transmitter, has a set-it-and-forget-it “autorise” function that automatically programs the stimulation intensity level based on the barking behavior of each individual dog. After a prolonged period of quiet, the BarkLimiter will begin rising again if barking resumes.
Another great product from the merger of TriTronics and Garmin! The Garmin Delta Upland collar system will last for years and with the latest technology in e-collar training this is an excellent option for the Upland Hunter that needs to be able to both track the location of their dog as well as have the ability to make corrections when needed.
Joe Scarpy – HuntEmUp.com / Bull Valley Retrievers