Garmin has replaced the Tri-Tronics Classic 70 with the NEW Garmin PRO 70 and with a retail price less than the previous TriTronics Classic 70 system. This full-size, full-range remote training collar is a rugged and
durable performer of the Garmin line of dog training collars. This simple one button design has been popular for almost 40 years because of its ease of use!
So, what’s new?
- The new PRO 70 Series incorporates the following new features:
- Built in Bark-Limiter Collar
- White Beacon lights controlled from the handheld transmitter
- Smaller Lithium Ion Batteries, lighter than previous models
- Vibration mode
- Smaller collar/receivers w/ 3/4-inch collar straps
- 3 extra levels on the top-end
Expands to 6 dogs
The NEW PRO 70 can be expanded up to 6 dogs with additional collars, just flip the toggle switch to select dogs 1-3 or 4-6.
Garmin has kept the same feel and look of the handheld transmitter and the same time tested feel and one-handed operation that the previous Tri-Tronics Field and Pro units have used for years!
Other than a couple cosmetic modifications the transmitter is the same, offering a similar feel in the buttons, dial and toggle switch. With similar locations it is quick and easy to select the correct dog and select the correct stimulation level as needed, keeping your concentration on your dog and not your equipment!
Control the Collar Lights from the Transmitter!
Similar to the old TriTronics Tracer collar light, the PRO 70 offer a whit beacon light that is operated from the transmitter that allows you to easily locate and track your dog in the dark. Visible from up to 100 yards this great safety feature also allows other to spot your dog before it’s too late!
This feature offers an excellent solution for Coon hunters running through the night, upland hunters heading in from a day in the field and waterfowl hunters heading out in the early morning out in the dark. Let’s not forget about that nightly neighborhood walk…
How about the batteries?
Fast charge Lithium-ion batteries weigh less than the previous older batteries and are user replaceable, both in the collar receiver and the handheld transmitter! New batteries offer approximately 60 hours of battery life, offer 3-5 years of life and feature a LED battery charge indicator.
- Simple 1-button per dog operation 1 mile range
- 6 levels of continuous stimulation instantly selectable at the transmitter
- Non-stimulating tone feature selectable on the dial
- Remotely controlled Beacon Lights built into the receiver collar
- Built-in Bark Limiter activated at the collar
- Expandable up to 6 dogs (with purchase of additional collars)
- Interchangeable contact points for dogs with long or short coats
- Insulated contact points ensure consistent and reliable
stimulation in the water
- Waterproof transmitter and dog device (IPX7)
- Transmitter floats
- Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries in the handheld with approx. 60 hour run time
- Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries in the dog device with approx. 60 hour run time
- No external collar antenna
- 3/4″ collar strap with square double buckle and metal keeper fits up to a 24″ neck
- One year manufacturer warranty
Now with a Bark-Limiter built in!
All new PRO series collar systems have a built in Bark-Limiter. This feature allows you to turn your training collar into a bark collar by selecting at the on/off button on the collar receiver itself. Just hold down the power button. When the receiver enters bark collar mode, the signal light on the collar will notify you by turning blue!
The collar will then operate just like the Garmin Bark-Limiter! In this mode the Autorise feature will correct your dog at the lowest level and increases the stimulation level until it reaches the desired level to eliminate barking.
Please keep in mind that these collars are not Backward Compatible – None of The Garmin PRO systems are not compatible with previous models of Tri-Tronics collars.
This premium Garmin PRO 70 training collar is an extremely versatile remote training tool that is right for any type of training or any breed of dog and any type of training –and has been a favorite of Coon Hunters, Bear Hunters and Cat Hunters alike!